This documentation covers the standard MailChimp functionality available by default in the CampaignChain Community Edition.
- Connect a MailChimp account to CampaignChain with username and password
- Assign a MailChimp email campaign into a CampaignChain campaign
- Schedule a MailChimp newsletter to be distributed by MailChimp at a given date and time
- Assign a responsible person to a MailChimp newsletter within CampaignChain
- Track the customer journey from an included link to the Location of a connected Channel (e.g. a Website page)
- Once a newsletter was posted, regularly collect statistical data about opens, clicks, etc.
The standard MailChimp functionality is being provided by CampaignChain, Inc. through these packages:
Although these modules are based on Symfony bundles, they do not work independently of CampaignChain.
The above modules are included in the Community Edition by default.
Before you can manage a MailChimp email campaign from within CampaignChain, an OAuth app must be created in MailChimp:
- Go to https://admin.mailchimp.com/account/oauth2/ and register an app.
- Fill out any required fields such as the application name and description.
- Provide the host name of your CampaignChain instance as the Redirect URL (e.g. http://mydomain.com). Make sure that you specify the correct scheme (http or https).
- The Callback URL’s parts must be identical with the router.request_context.host and router.request_context.scheme parameters defined in the app/config/parameters.yml configuration file.
- Once you have registered the app, connect to a Location choosing MailChimp as the Channel.
- When the Provide Application Credentials screen comes up, go back to https://admin.mailchimp.com/account/oauth2/, select your app and copy and paste the Client ID and the Client Secret and insert it in the Provide Application Credentials form.
Please post reports, questions, suggestions, etc. at https://github.com/CampaignChain/campaignchain/issues.